The Gateways to Science Companion Guides series is a pedagogically focused science resource designed to assist educators in the development of research-based best practices. Each guide provides instructional methods to build students’ science content knowledge and improve comprehension of science concepts. Designed to assist educators in the development of best practices specific to the science classroom, these strategies are effective whether a teacher is using Gateways to Science or other resources.
Each guide helps teachers to
- emphasize reflective learning,
- learn implementation and management tips,
- support instructional delivery with a literacy focus, and
- support language development.
Gateways to Science Companion Guide: Interactive Notebooks
- Illustrates the progression of K–12 interactive notebooks and how to scaffold for different grades
- Includes templates to facilitate the implementation and management of interactive notebooks in the classroom
- Provides clarity for assessing interactive notebooks
Gateways to Science Companion Guide: Literacy Strategies
- Incorporates reading, writing, listening, and speaking in the science classroom
- Clearly explains pre-reading, during-reading, and after-reading strategies
- Provides editable templates and examples to support easy implementation
Gateways to Science Companion Guide: Academic Vocabulary
- Explains the importance of building multiple brain pathways to academic vocabulary words for quick memory retrieval
- Addresses factors to focus on when considering the most impactful academic vocabulary words
- Provides over 20 interactive strategies to help students learn and retain academic vocabulary words
The digital version of this book may be accessed from any mobile device at r4hub.esc4.net.